Getting head lice can be confusing enough but knowing what and what not to do about it can be even more confusing. No one wants to have head lice any longer than they have to. Just like no one wants to spend thousands of dollars and countless hours on riding lice either. That’s why at Lice Clinics of America we believe in helping our clients with more than just head lice treatments but lice advice too. We’ll walk you through all the head lice dos and don’ts and take the confusion out of head lice removal.
Head Lice Don’ts
Let’s start with don’ts so you can hopefully use them as a cautionary to avoid head lice in the future and stay lice free.
- Don’t panic or feel ashamed. Head lice can infest anyone, it happens often, and with Lice Clinics of America you can have them gone in no time!
- Don’t use harsh chemicals, DIY treatments, or over the counter products. You could be harming yourself, and they may not be killing all the lice and eggs. Avoid having to pay for multiple treatments with LCA’s signature AirAllé treatment, a fast-guaranteed way to treat lice.
- Don’t share accessories like hats, coats, hoodies, hairbrushes, and hair ties. Sharing items that have come in contact with your hair can help spread head lice. It’s best to err on the side of caution and avoid sharing these items.
- Don’t overdo it on the cleaning. There is no need to buy new furniture or hire an exterminator or cleaning company. Head lice can only lice 24-48 hours without a host so most will die once leaving your head. A simple deep cleaning of your home will do.
Head Lice Do’s
Avoiding the confusion and stress of head lice can be easy with some helpful tips.
- Do take a minute to breathe and come up with a plan. Most people’s first reaction to lice is stress. Taking a moment to focus can help you come up with a game plan and find that things really are not so bad.
- Do inform others you have been in close contact with recently. While head lice can feel embarrassing, informing others can help prevent the spread and help them find infestations faster. Remember head lice can infest anyone and are nothing to be ashamed about.
- Do avoid head-to-head contact. Head lice spread most commonly through direct contact. They cannot jump or fly and there for must crawl host to host. Avoiding direct contact can help you stop the spread and stay lice free.
- Do get professional help riding head lice. Like we mentioned above a lot of over the counter and DIY solutions don’t kill all the lice the first time around. A professional on the other hand, can help ensure your first treatment leaves you lice free. At Lice Clinics of America, we use an FDA-cleared medical device to dehydrate and kill all lice and nits the first time, guaranteed.
Lice doesn’t have to be confusing with our easy-to-follow head lice dos and don’ts. Remember Lice Clinics of America is always here to answer any lice questions you may have and provide you with professional lice advice.
If you have any questions or need a head lice removal treatment, don’t hesitate to contact us. At Lice Clinics of America – Nova which proudly serves Herndon, Falls Church, Arlington, and surrounding areas, we are here to help! Our heated removal process guarantees to remove head lice in 1 quick and safe treatment! Let your kids and family members get back to the things they enjoy! To learn more or to schedule an appointment, visit www.liceremovalnova.com email email@example.com , or call 703-686-5253.